30 August 2007

Bread Recipe

My friend wanted this bread recipe. It is fantastic, so I told her I'd post it. It is my mother-in-law's recipe for Whole Wheat Bread:

3 Tbsp Yeast
6 C Warm Water
Mix these two and sprinkle 1 C sugar over them.
Wait for the yeast to wake up and bubble.
Add 1 C Potato flakes
1 C Oatmeal
2 Eggs
3/4 C Oil
2 Tbsp Salt
14 to 15 C Whole Wheat Flour

I prefer to sneak a cup or two of white flour, a tip from my sister-in-law. It just makes the bread rise easier. Let dough rise until double in size. Knead and separate into greased loaf pans.

Let rise again about 45 minutes. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350.

I usually make a half batch, because my mixer isn't big enough for this size. A full batch makes 4 to 5 loaves.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yum! I've been wanting to try a good whole wheat bread recipe. We'll see if I ever get the energy to get around to it.... :)