21 September 2007

putter awayers

I have passed a curse on to my bambina. When she finishes eating, she throws her food on the floor. I finally passed that stage some twenty-something years ago, but my inherent culinary carelessness still demonstrates itself in a sink that is full of dishes many hours per day.

On the other hand, there is Brycen, who is a natural born putter awayer. At the fresh age of 1, he frequently leaves his bottle of milk standing up, so it won't drip, and he can put toys away in the box sometimes. I wish I had this gift.

In a related situation, I have noticed that small children are good at hiding things in places where we can really never find them. Take for example Alex's mini mag flashlight that he wears on his belt all of the time. (Yes, I am pleased as punch to be married to uber-geek prepared in every situation man. His general accouterments include cell phone, flashlight, Leatherman multi-tool, pocket knife, and on occasion, iPod--but I digress) My niece Nicole once took the mini mag and hid it somewhere that we never did find. About a week later, she walked in holding it again. We were elated to have it so unexpectedly restored.

One area that I do take after Brycen's putting awaying skills is that of keys. I recently lost my keys for several weeks by placing them in a small cubby hole in my car during a long trip where we used only Alex's keys. I put them too away. I should have just left them in my diaper bag, or on my dresser, which are my two main spots for keys. I guess the way to sum all this up is that sometimes, a woman"s keys are lost if she does, and they are lost if she don't.

Oh, and for those of you who care enough to read my blog, you'll be among the first to know: I am preg-o-nant. I'm due about Grace's birthday time.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Oh, Happy Day!!! Congratulations to you two!!!!! And to Grace. Love Auntie H

Vi Anna said...

Jenny! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family.
I was wondering if you were because of a comment or 2 you made the other day when you stopped in at Stock. That is awesome Gracie is going to be a BIG sister.

Gina said...

Congrats! How exciting!
What will your due date be?

Mike said...

Jenny, congratulations on being pregnant! Myrna told us today.

Love, Melissa Huntington Williams