03 October 2007

book review

I just finished this book, and I started it the day before yesterday. In other words, I really enjoyed it. The story tells of an orphan named Peter who helps some starcatchers in their quest to keep "starstuff" safe from an evil king and a pirate named "Black Stache" who has a first mate named Smee (wink, wink). The book was full of pirate adventures. The chapters were short, and the pace was very enjoyable. It was co-written by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry, and I felt that it was a collaboration of great success. The writing was seamless, and very funny. I would recommend it to any YA lit junkie like myself, or a mom who needs a book to read to her boys before they go to sleep.

2 comments:

msjvd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msjvd said...

http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/stage/7535/gorey.html