24 October 2007

Book Review

I found this book to be delightful. It was a quick easy read. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to read childrens' books. It had interesting information about whaling. I would give it three stars out of five, because it was a good book, but it wasn't super compelling, and the plot was very simplistic. It is geared for 8 to 12 year olds, so if you have kids that age I'm sure they'd enjoy it. I think boys as well as girls would like it due to the things you learn about whaling, boats, etc.

I probably won't be posting many more book reviews for awhile, because I am not allowing myself to read. I need to finish the rest of the kitchen cupboards and a couple of quilts first. Discipline!

But if you are looking for something a little more meaty than Patience Goodspeed, a friend recommended this one in college, and I found it simply fascinating. The Question of God: C.S. Lewis and Sigmund Freud Debate God, Love, Sex, and the Meaning of Life.

No comments: