29 October 2007

Spoonerisms

In honor of the word of whatever, I offer you the following spoonerisms:
  • We all know what it is to have a half-warmed fish ["half-formed wish"] inside us.
  • The Lord is a shoving leopard ["loving shepherd"].
  • It is kisstomary to cuss ["customary to kiss"] the bride.
  • Is the bean dizzy ["dean busy"]?
  • When the boys come back from France, we'll have the hags flung out ["flags hung out"]!
  • Let me sew you to your sheet ["show you to your seat"].
There's really nothing worse than a half-warmed fish. Thanks dictionary.reference.com. You're my favorite.

2 comments:

amy said...

i will dedicate this post to me, too since my very name is a spoonerism! get this: my married name spoonerism is either l'pamy ee (as in cummings) or (this is the punchline, folks...wait for it...) LAMY PEE. dictionary.reference.com, eat your heart out.

Jen said...

How very appropriate. Your maiden name even works, Miss Pay-me-to-eat-her-son! How cannibalistic! (Some artistic license, I know.) Yes, this post must be yours also.