15 November 2007

I am so awesome!

This is what I discovered when it was time to wake Grace up. She was still asleep, but I thought it was funny that she was clinging to the edge of her crib. She often sleeps face down with her bum in the air. One time we tried to convince my sister that bum was spelled with a b, like dumb. Dumb, bumb. It makes sense. We have a streak of naivete in the family that is delightful to occasionally exploit. But I digress. You are wondering why "I am so awesome!" Well, I'll tell you.

First, I took this cute picture of Grace watching her favorite show: Monsters Inc., which I could probably quote from beginning to end if given enough time and chocolate. But that's not the only reason I am so cool. I made a magical mind connection between the picture and this blog entry from La Vie in Rose, and produced the following with only minimal effort:

So now you want to do the same? Well, all you have to do is
1. Take a picture of your child while he or she is watching something that won't share its attention with the camera.
2. Cut the child's head out (not off) of the picture. A pen knife is helpful, but scissors do fine.
3. Trace on to black, cute pink swirly, metallic, or whatever paper you want.
4. Mount on white card stock. Frame. Enjoy. Brag about your sweet creative skills to friends and all three readers of your blog like me. Then you can be awesome, too.

5 comments:

Dansie Family said...

that is the cutest silhouette ever. and to think you got it without even trying. i love the cute curls in the hair. i fear if i did the same, eliza's hair would be all over the place and her silhouette wouldn't be quite so cute. but i may have to try it anyway. thanks for the tip.

Clarissa said...

Jenny, I'm tellin ya! You have to write a book! I absolutely love reading your blog. I read every entry. I just don't comment because I lack the skills and creativity that are so abundant in your writing. I can't ever think of anything to say, but, just so you know, I've read every single one with a big grin on my face! I sure wish I were as creative as you. Your thought processes are quite simply fun to follow. That's all there is to it.

Jon & Bridget said...

Hey, She is so cute! I can't believe how big she is. It seems like you just had her. We did move back last December. I love it here. There is nothing like home sweet home! :) How are you guys doing? Still in the 9th ward?

Jen said...

Thanks Claire. Someday after my children are all in school and my house magically cleans itself I might write a book. For now, I'll settle for helping Alex with his "Swallow the Prophet" book.

Jessi said...

I wanna be awesome like you. I love that you used pattern paper instead of the traditional black.