13 November 2007

Sharks, and Bears, and Children under 5, Oh My!


Alex was recently able to finagle his way into purchasing an extremely nice video camera. In order to protect said camera, he decided he needed a Pelican case to prevent our daughter and nephew from destroying it. Naturally, in his gadget obsessed way he had to read every article available on the internet about every aspect of the camera, tripod, tripod head, and case. In his searching, he found the following quote at the end of the Pelican Unconditional Lifetime guarantee:
Any liability, either expressed or implied is limited to replacement of the product. This guarantee is void only if the Pelican™ product has been abused beyond normal and sensible wear and tear. The guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack and children under five.
I must say, after my many experiences with very small children and their wily ways, I have no doubt that more Pelican cases have been destroyed by small children than Lions, Tigers, Bears, and Sharks combined.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Very true!
I love your blog's new look!

Heidi said...

No doubt. Bring your case to my house, where we have three kids under five, and I'm sure we can do some serious shark-like damage.

Jen said...

Thanks Gina. It was having an image crisis for awhile there. I think I might just change with the seasons. I just get bored too fast.