12 December 2007

Pau

Does this photo inspire you? It inspires me. In fact, the kisser has inspired the following production.

Pau is Hawaiian for "finished," and the word now describes the quilt pictured below in all of its pioneer pointed glory:


Even the back turned out pretty cute. That star part is my favorite, hence the closeups of it front and back. Doesn't it make the whole thing look like some weird jet engine surrounded by turbine thingies? What a splendid motif for a little girl quilt. As long as she doesn't wear a cape and get sucked into the engine like on The Incredibles I guess she'll be alright. If you are very lucky, one of these days I will do a tutorial on how to do those points in a sneaky way.

And tomorrow we will have an important announcement to make, as we will be attending our ultrasound and discovering whether Henry is an Etta. One of the reasons this announcement is so important is because then I can go buy fabric to make another quilt. Mwa ha ha ha.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous quilt! I feel pretty talented when I just tie one. Maybe we aren't soul mates after all. You are clearly FAR ahead of me in the quilting sphere . . .

Jen said...

I have one child, and not satellite or cable. My house is small enough to clean in about an hour (not that I take advantage of that often). What else do I have to do but sit around and blog and quilt all day?

Dansie Family said...

i love the quilt. you need to do an enrichment. i need to come up with a project. maybe next year.