08 December 2007

Severe razzing


Last night we had a fun evening of enjoying the lights other people put on their houses, since we haven't put our lights up yet. On the way home, I was feeling a bit peckish, so I said, "I'm gonna make me a pizza." Alex has not overcome the hysterics this statement induced yet, and I have received a severe razzing. See, I told you I had been assimilated. But I still maintain that the rural life as a "local" is the Good Life.

I am inserting this picture of Pizza Face Grace to make this entry far more entertaining than it would be without her.

In other news, I have decided that the baby's sense of humor is developing, because I seem unable to prevent myself from laughing at the most horrible Dadish jokes, and forsooth, I have even cracked a few myself.

For example, Alex was explaining to me that we are running out of hard drive space and thus need more. So he went into detail (as he is wont to do regarding all technical things) about how he could stripe the current hard drives and we could buy a 750 gig and he would have the boot drive be on a separate hard drive, which would speed things up considerably. So I flippantly asked if he really thought a boot would fit in the housing for our computer, and then I laughed hysterically at my own joke.

Then I figured out that night that his calculations would lead us to have a terabyte and a half of memory. I was proud of my mathematical acumen, so I said, "I am so awesome." And Alex observed, "But you'll never be as awesome as that picture." (see previous post) Well, I couldn't fall asleep for like 5 and 1/2 more minutes because I was laughing so hard.

Maybe it's the baby's sense of humor, maybe it's sleep deprivation (it was about 1:00 a.m. when the last one happened because we had to watch the Romney Religiospeech in its entirety), or maybe I'm just invoking the jolly spirit of Old Saint Nick, since we will actually be playing the real part this year rather than depositing money in our child's savings account and letting her play with the wrapping paper as we did last year. Whatever the cause of my newfound sense of humor, I'm delighted. I love to laugh.

2 comments:

Jon & Angie Lewis said...

Grace is a cutie - how old is she? Oh, and you get to be tagged - see my blog.

Heidi said...

What a nice side effect of pregnancy. My pregnancies always make me decidedly UNKIND. Is that a sign?