18 January 2008

Fun with Dick and Jane


This is the top of the quilt in which Henry will be coming home from the hospital. It is simple, but so was Grace's, so she shouldn't be jealous this way. (Naturally, if it were too detailed she would be green with envy and secretly wipe her peanut butter hands on it when I was otherwise occupied. I know this because I am paranoid delusional, and Grace is one smart little peanut butter cookie.)

I am also working on laying out the back with scraps from the front. Do you love this fabric? I fell in love instantly in the store and paid entirely too much money for it.

6 comments:

Nan said...

What a darling quilt - I DO love the fabric - it's one of my favorites - I have a stash of it that I purchased a while back and now I think I'll dig it out and get sewing....hope you don't mind if I make a copy - just remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!!! At least it will be in this case!

Leisha said...

That quilt is perfect...I love the fabric!

Dansie Family said...

of course it is perfect. i am just jealous that you seem to have so much time to quilt. just wait until henry is born.

Brittany said...

Very, very cute. It looks more complicated than any quilt I've made yet. I'm very impressed. Henry's a lucky boy.

msjvd said...

That's a great quilt, Jen. I have no idea what Grace's little quilt looked like, but I think she's going to be jealous anyway. Better keep an eye on the peanut butter hands. ;)

Connie said...

Those of us who learned to read--literally--from Dick and Jane--are very emotional as we gaze on Henry's quilt and remember our own childhoods in first grade.It is a masterpiece and will become an heirloom if Henry doesn't have it completely destroyed by age 20. (Refer to habits of Jesse Bramall, Chapter one for clarification.)