13 February 2008

And the Illustrious Winner is...

I am pleased to announce that my dear Susan Vilate is the winner of the movie quote challenge. Well done Claire! Your great love of movies has paid off in the form of sugar. Here is the key to the challenge:
1. Matilda (I love the chocolate cake quote, as well as many others from that film.)
2. Galaxy Quest
3. You've Got Mail
4. Enchanted (Thanks Prince Charming. We like you, too.)
5. The Princess Bride
6. The Importance of Being Earnest (An often overlooked gem)
7. The Little Mermaid (Wait til the kids are old enough that Ursula won't give them nightmares to watch this one. My family has personal experience in this area.)
8. My Big Fat Greek Wedding (one of my favorite movies of all time. "Toula, eat something!" "Let me touch your hairs." "They found teeth and a spinal chord." Need I go on?)
and last but not least,
9. Anne of Green Gables ("I know you and I are going to get along just fine Mr. Cuthbert." A classic of literature as well as film.)

Good job, Vern. I thought the Galaxy Quest one would be a real stumper. I probably wouldn't have seen that one if I weren't married to the most adorable utility-belt-wearing uber-geek ever.

Email me with your favorite candy bar's name, Claire, and I shall procure it for you. In appreciation for everyone else's participation, I will post a list of my upcoming meal calendar, because I love to see what other people are eating and steal their ideas. And also, I like to brag about it when I actually write out what we will be eating because it is such a relief not to have to decide every day for awhile.

Hawaiian Haystacks
Chicken Caesar Salad & Rolls
Spaghetti
Pork Chops and Mashed Potatoes
Asian Chicken Salad
Egg rolls & Rice (maybe tofu egg rolls if we are feeling adventurous)
Baked Potato Bar
Alex's World Famous Taco Salad
Frozen Pizza and Pina Coladas (If anyone has a good recipe, please send it to me. I am still perfecting mine.)
German Pancakes and OJ

If I feel very generous and Alex gives permission, we will post the recipe for said taco salad the day we make it. He is quite particular about the method and prefers to demonstrate its construction in person when making it.

3 comments:

msjvd said...

I was robbed!

Dansie Family said...

all that food sounds dilish. i can't wait for the taco salad recipe. do you make your egg rolls from scratch? i may need to steal some of your ideas.

Jen said...

I do make egg rolls from scratch. I use the recipe on the package of Azumaya wrappers. I pan fry them on top of the stove with mostly vegetable oil and a little sesame oil. I also leave out the onion. I like them a little milder. And with sweet soy sauce they are pretty much heavenly.