12 February 2008

Exciting Contest


In honor of the Valentines Holiday, I have a special challenge. These are some of my favorite movie quotes. If you can name all the films or the most of anyone, I'll send your favorite candy bar in the mail. (If I have your address or you're not too scared to email it to a mildly deranged housewife who lives less than half a mile from the infamous UN Free Zone City of LaVerkin).

1. "It's difficult for me to remember specific pieces of chocolate cake."

2. "Guy, you have a last name." "DO I?!!!"

3. "It's like those people who brag because they're tall."

4. "Do you like yourself?" "What's not to like?"

5. "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

6. "I bring my diary everywhere. One should always have something sensational to read on the train."

7. "Yes, you want her. Look at her. You know you do."

8. "I love him."
"[character's name], go eat something."

9. "Am I talking too much? People are always telling me I do, and I can stop if I make my mind up to do it."
"You can talk all you like. I don't mind."
"I know you and I are going to get along just fine, Mr. [character's name.]"

I think 9 is enough, since that's the number of the love potion. Good luck.

And Alex, you're not allowed to play. Sorry. Love you!

12 comments:

JustRandi said...

Hi! Thanks for popping by my blog today!

I'd love to enter your exciting contest, but I don't have too much hope for winning, since I only know 3 of them.
5 - Princess Bride
7- The Little Mermaid
and
9 - Anne of Green Gables

And I loved that you included the Anne quote.

Dansie Family said...

i only knew number 5 and 7 and after i saw the answer, i remembered 9. tom is better at things like this.

Marti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msjvd said...

Wow, a contest that I don't believe I will win. This is sad.

But you've focused it entirely on your favorite movies, you selfish little minx!

Couldn't you have come up with a line or two from Lethal Weapon or Dirty Harry? Even the latest James Bond and I would have been all over it. Ugh!

The ignominy of it all!

Susan Vilate said...

This is fun! I know a few of them:
1. Matilda
2.
3.
4. Enchanted!
5. Princess Bride
6. The Importance of Being Earnest (just watched that in class)
7. The Little Mermaid
8. (I recognize this one, but can't place it)
9. Anne of Green Gables

Unfortunately that's all I can remember. What are the others?

The Rookie said...

I only got the Little Mermaid and The Princess Bride...then I came here and am simply kicking myself. Matilda! "You can do it, Brucie!" I knew that all along, dangit!

And is one of those from Ever After?

Melissa said...

I think that #3 is You've Got Mail... the only other ones I knew were #5 & #9... well, those are the only other ones I know without CHEATING :D

Jen said...

Nothing from Ever After in there. Good job Claire and Melissa!

I love that You've Got Mail one. I also love when the other guy that works in the store says, "I'm gonna go get some eucalyptus because it makes my apartment smell mossy.

"Vern" said...

I'm not sure how you found my blog, but it's always fun to hear from new people! And I'm especially proud to know #2 on this list: Galaxy Quest. Most hilarious movie ever!

Heidi said...

My favorite line from Matilda is, "You chose the books, I chose the looks!" So classic. But maybe that's just in the book?

I stink at these things, so I won't even attempt.

Leisha said...

Stink! I only knew 5,6 & 7!! It was fun trying though =( waaaah no candy for me.

Jan said...

I am completely stumped. Not a clue. But am lovin the contest. I hope the bar was milk chocolate then I won't feel so badly. I adore dark. This was a great idea.