Actually, I have many dreams. I thought I would share some with you today.
1. I dream that I could cook like my friend Mrs. Dansie. I feel certain that mealtime would be a joyous event every day if I were more talented in this area. What actually happens is a moment of dread that approaches most days at 4:00 in which I wonder what I planned for dinner and how much effort it will take to make. And most alarmingly, how will I get my fat pregnant body to stand up long enough to bring about familial culinary satisfaction? And are the dishes clean? Probably not.
2. In my dream land I would dress like someone from the Sartorialist every day. As opposed to how I actually dress right now, which generally includes the spirit of the following lovely ensemble:
3. This is a true confession: I have always wanted to set two people up and have them fall madly in love. As it is, I have set up two blind dates, ever. And neither one was a glittering success. The first one was bad enough that it took me about seven years to try again. It will probably be another seven years this time, too. It's not that the dates were disasters. I just cherish these secret hopes of sparkling stars and magic, and then the people are like, yeah, okay, whatever. No stars. No magic. No nothing. You can just call me Emma Woodhouse.
4. Last night as I was falling asleep, I had a vision of a magical spinach fruit roll-up that tasted like pina colada. I attribute this dream to my constant preoccupation with nutrition, my friend Nancy, who gave Grace a fruit roll-up when I went to visit her yesterday, and my secret obsession with perfecting the pina colada.
5. I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day, little two-year-old boys will be able to join hands with little two-year-old girls right here in Southern Utah as cousins and play happily together in streets of sunshine and happiness without having to fight over who gets to push the dolly in the red wheelbarrow.
Feel free to share your dreams with me. Because if we put them out there in the universe, maybe one day there will be pina colada fruit roll-ups with nutrition equivalent to a bowl of spinach.