Things that make Grace run away like a little girl:
- Turning on the bathtub
- Saying "Grace" in the "I know what you've done and I don't like it one bit" tone of voice.
- inquiries as to the state of her diaper
- the blow-dryer
- large trucks on the road
- Offers to don outerwear such as shoes, socks, and coat.
Ways that late pregnancy is like the gospel: (In honor of my upcoming Sunday School teaching assignments; and because I am a woman, and so I must blather on incessantly about child birth--or so my husband says.)
-Being pregnant is like a long Relief Society lesson. Everyone has something to say about their own experience with pregnancy, labor, delivery, repentance, family home evening, prayer, scripture study, etc. I'm not complaining here. I love it. Child birth is a common bond among all mothers, and even many happily childless women who just find the subject interesting.
- A third trimester belly is like a testimony. The church is like a bed. Your belly keeps you firmly rooted in your bed. Your testimony keeps you firmly rooted in the Church.
-Rolling over in bed during late pregnancy is like changing callings. It's often hard to let go of one position and takes a lot of effort to get excited enough to move comfortably into the new one.
- Delivering the child is like repentance, because you just feel lighter all over when you have done it. Your days are just easier not carrying that weight around with you. And you can tie your shoes so easily!