06 May 2008

Bappy Hirthday Grace

Grace has now reached bona fide terrible two-ness. We bought her a tricycle, because Alex has a thing for tricycles and because Grace is obsessed with bikes. She can't reach the pedals, but she just loves to sit on the thing. I loved the face she made in this picture. Cousin Brycen was anxious to help her move around.

We held a simple family gathering, and I made this Peanut Butter cake, a Paula Deen recipe. The frosting on the link recipe looks better to me than the one I made from her Lady and Sons cookbook, which used only sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Otherwise, the recipes are identical. I have to say, I love her butter cake recipe much better, but it was fun to try the Peanut Butter one for a change.

In other news, Grace has discovered that bird poop from the trampoline is not yummy to eat.

9 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Happy Birthday to Grace...how fun! I'm impressed that you made a cake after so recently giving birth - you must be superwoman! :)

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Grace! Weston is going to be mighty jeolous of that trike. Ry and I had better get on the ball.

Dansie Family said...

the cake was divine! i can't wait to make it myself.

laceeJ said...

My mouth was salivating thinking about the cake, until I pictured Grace eating bird poop:) HA HA

Heidi said...

Oh those cheeks in that picture! Couldn't you just eat those?

Leisha said...

That picture is too cute for words! Happy Birthday! (and thanks for the cake links...)

mommy princess said...

I'm excited to try the cakes. Grace is a cutie and she'll be reaching those pedals before you know it! Don't kids crack you up? They'll put anything in their mouths! The other day we were outside and I took my baby in to nurse her, she ate for 5 min., I got popsicles out for the boys and she decided she wanted some so all the sudden out pops this little rock she had squirled away in her cheeks the whole time!

Clarissa Chamberlain said...

You have such a beautiful little family. I'm so lucky to have you as a sister in law. And it's lucky Alex found you. Who knows how many robots we'd have hanging around the house if he didn't. Thank you for being so wonderful.

AndySammi said...

awe jenny! your kids are beautiful! (-I don't know if I can say that for your little man, he's handsome!) I cant believe grace is so old that time went by so fast! thanks for congratulating me! I appreciate it! I'm really excited about it :)