10 May 2008

My Unsightly Ankles, etc.

Henry likes to take baths. He doesn't like to get out of the bath or have lotion slathered all over or have his diaper changed or sleep through the night or sleep for more than 3 consecutive hours. But he likes to take a bath.

I will not be answering questions about the pink towel. Pink is the new black, isn't it? So it's as if I'm drying him off with a gender-appropriate totally masculine black towel, that doesn't have anything sissy like a purple butterfly hood, right?

This picture may not fill your heart with joy, but it does mine. My ankles are no longer swollen. Hooray! This is a small victory, which I am choosing to focus on rather than on the fact that I weigh only slightly less than I weighed immediately before delivering Grace. (Please have the courtesy to ignore the quiet sobbing in the background.)

I made the picture black and white because I wanted it to be difficult to discern how dreadfully pasty I am and how sad the state of my current toenail polish is. (The polish has been on my outsides longer than Henry. Time for a pedicure? I think so.)

9 comments:

Clarissa Chamberlain said...

Congratulations Jen. I think you look wonderful. And if you would like I would be glad to give you a pedicure. Or at least paint your toenails. I don't know how to do a pedicure.

Queen Elizabeth said...

Way to go - I feel your joy...

Dansie Family said...

you most definitely deserve a pedi and a mani(i'm not saying you need them just that you deserve them). and i am glad that henry enjoys his baths. so does james.

Auntie M said...

Alex could do your pedi, right? Happy Mother's Day, Jennifer!

Hey It's Di said...

Henry is such a doll face! Maybe he would sleep better in the bathtub? Just teasing. Fortunately he is adorable and could be a difficult baby and STILL so adorable!

I remember having what we called "Cankles" during and after pregnancy (Ankles that look like they are the size of your calf muscles). I did a happy dance the day they were back to normal:) Yours look wonderful!

Heidi said...

Just remember we loved you back when your ankles were all swollen.

Don't want you to get all big-headed or anything . . .

Leisha said...

I love the bath picture, he is such a handsome little fellow!

And those are the un-swollenest ankles I have EVER seen!

Get yer sexy on!

Angie Lewis said...

I love that pic of Henry...he is so cute! And I'm sure he doesn't mind the pink towel too much! As for the ankles, that truly is a victory! I remember the day very well...I got out of the shower and looked at my ankles and legs and couldn't remember the last time they had looked so SKINNY (though they really aren't that skinny, but it's all relative...)!

Brittany said...

Henry is sooo cute! I can't wait to see him! I will never tell him about that pink towel. I think he'll get over it. I can't wait to see you guys.