13 May 2008

Prenatal Ins and Newborn Outs

While the Baby is In:
Sleep deprivation due to inability to roll over and necessity of excessive restroom trips
Emotional instability
Indefinitely swollen ankles
Difficulty heaving large objects (like two-year-olds who need diaper changes)
Boring pictures such as this:


After the Baby is Out:
Sleep deprivation due to baby screaming for food every 2.8 to 3.7 hours
Emotional instability
Brief swollen ankles
Swollen other things that won't fit into regular trousers. (boo hoo hoo)
Difficulty heaving large objects (like two-year-olds who need diaper changes)
Yummy old-paper-soft baby skin that you can kiss, bathe, sniff and rub your cheek against an exorbitant number of times every day
Squinchy faces, sleeping smiles and cross-eyed cuteness
Major snugglage
Cute pictures like this:



So pretty much I've decided: it's better to have the baby out than in. (That was a really hard conclusion to reach.)

14 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

The beginning is hard, it's true...I think you even told me to wait it out for about 3 months, but it HAS to be better than keeping them inside of you...that's for sure! What a cute kid! I love seeing pictures of him!!!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Totally agreed. I love their skin, too. It's intoxicating!!!

I've said this before but he is gorgeous!

Heidi said...

Look at that HAIR!

laceeJ said...

hmmmm....in my experience it was much easier to have them inside. I try to LIVE IT UP while I'm prego, cuz my schedule is totally turned inside-out when that baby comes out. Although it's a bittersweet loss of sleep:)

SpecialK said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!

Melissa said...

Most things are better out than in... ;) He is DARLING!!

Brittany said...

I totally agree. Just gotta cook this one a little bit longer. I can't wait to see you all next weekend! I love the photos.

Dansie Family said...

i love those pictures. as i was scrolling down and thinking how precious henry's foot looks, i suddenly see his adorable crying face. love it.

Hey It's Di said...

Oh, I definitely agree that out is better when you see how darn adorable he is! That sweet baby could make any bad thing good:)

Susan Vilate said...

I absolutely love your writing Jenny! That's all there is to it! You're so good! Henry is as beautiful as always. Loves!

www.potsandpins.com said...

He is just too cute! Congrats on getting rid of your THANKLES (thick ankles) - it's the little things in life - like thin ankles that are important!

Jill said...

I love that last photo. Even cute when he's crying!

Leisha said...

He is such a little angel! That binky is almost as big as his head! How cute...

The Rookie said...

Ah man...this is where an unquenchable Baby Hunger sets in. I can practically smell that soft baby-scent from your description. He is perfect.