12 June 2008

Edamame

It's probably because I visited my friend, the childless housewife, who is not only lovely and brilliant, but mostly vegan and very nutrition minded, last weekend, but I have been craving edamame all week. If you haven't eaten it or eaten it lately, you really ought to go get some. Our local Walmart has like three different brands. Mmmm!

Pronunciation guide: Ed (As in the horse, Mr.) uh (as in the space filler of all teenage sacrament meeting talks) Mom (a highly overused term for maternal figures) and ay (as in the end of hay.) Ed-uh-mom- ay.


Soy beans: they're what's for dinner.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'll have to try them sometime. I don't think I've ever had edamame before...

msjvd said...

Yeah! Those are wonderful! And very nutritious. Zero fat. And low in sodium... right up to the moment that I get a-hold of them.

Then they become "Salt-a-Licious."

The Rookie said...

OH how I love these little green furry guys...perhaps these shall be on the dinner menu tonight!

Susan Vilate said...

So what is edamame? Do you think I would like it?

Hey It's Di said...

I have never even heard of Edamame. Thanks for the introduction (and proper way to pronounce it..I would have failed!)

P.S. I have had to get after my kids and husband for counting the number of times that a teen says "uh" or "um" in Sacrament Meeting talks. They get crazy with it and can tell you the number but NOT the topic!

Dansie Family said...

i very much enjoyed some at the ruby tuesday salad bar and have wanted to buy them at costco. but i was scared to buy a bag that big if i wasn't sure we would love them. maybe i will try it when the green beans are gone. oh and i want to try the roasted soy beans at costco, too. they are like nuts.