24 July 2008

Corn


This photo is just full of interesting information:

1. My kitchen is very messy because Peach Days is coming and I'm finishing a couple of quilts. Picture fabric and sewing junk everywhere. Also, I have two small children who make it difficult to keep the kitchen clean because as I am cleaning, Grace is eating making more dishes to clean and Henry is frequently interrupting. Kids are pesky that way, always wanting to eat. Multiple times. Every single day.

2. Grace takes after her father in that she has a "mad eye" which stays open on occasion when eating. (Alex can control his; it's one of those super powers that you can learn to control as you get older, like Clark Kent and flying.) She now lets me brush her teeth very well because she likes to look in the mirror at her "funny eye" and laugh while I do it.

3. Grace loves corn on the cob. Who knew?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Corn on the cob is a great kid food. Sammi loves it as well, but she struggles with her c's so we cringe when she asks for it.

Angie Lewis said...

That is such a great picture....especially the mad eye part!

laceeJ said...

Tell her she's not alone with the eye thing! Dave's siblings always made fun of him when he was younger. WHen he squints from the sun, he only does it with one eye, so they always called him POPEYE! ;) He still does it!

The Rookie said...

Aaargh, Matey! That picture is too adorable--love the "mad eye."

Leisha said...

That picture is so adorable!

Jill said...

I kind of given up on ever having my kitchen clean. If you think your cute little Grace dirties a lot of dishes, just wait until you have a twelve year old boy living in your house. They NEVER stop eating. He has a snack after school, then a before dinner snack, then dinner, then an after dinner snack, then an after dinner snack snack.................
You get the picture.
I started buying paper plates and cups just so I could almost keep up with washing the real dishes.

Cute picture! I can't get my three year old to eat corn. (or any other vegetable)