26 August 2008

Drawring

While our entire community is still mourning the loss of one of its beautiful daughters, I thought it would be okay to post the winner of last weeks contest. I just keep hearing about challenge after challenge, so here is some happy news, followed by an awesome recipe.

After putting all the names on slips of paper and swishing them around most formally in a box that contained business cards back in our employed days, I have drawn the winning name: Congratulations Jess, for your poetry seems to have won out for you. I'm glad, too, because all the poems were so fantastic that I really hoped one of the authors would win. Email me at princesschamberlain [at] gmail [dot] com with your preference and I'll send it on out soon.

This here is oatmeal pie. And while unemployed, I did not have to go to the store to buy one single item, so it was a double winner: cheap and deeelicious.

Oatmeal Pie

1 (9 inch) pie crust
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1/8-1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal (uncooked)


Preheat oven to 350°F.
Beat eggs until frothy.
Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
Add eggs; mix well.
Add corn syrup, melted butter, and vanilla.
Mix oatmeal.
Pour into uncooked shell.

Bake for 45 minutes.

Serves 1. (I'm kidding. Maybe.)

5 comments:

www.potsandpins.com said...

I leave town for a few days and you have a contest and I missed it?!? I'm stunned! Okay, so I didn't enter and I didn't win...at LEAST post the recipe for your granola?? The oatmeal pie looks great - I have a similar recipe but it doesn't use a pie shell - which would only make it better...might have to make this today! I was also very sorry to read about the plane crash - it does put things into perspective. I have a friend who found out yesterday that her unborn child has a fatal disease...one minute she's happy, the next she's in the depth of despair and there is nothing for us to do but pray and offer what little comfort we can. I know your words will mean a lot to your friends. Thanks for the visit! xo, Nan

Jess said...

Yay! Thanks! I'll email you. :o)

Hey It's Di said...

Oh yummy! That sounds & looks delicious and I must rummage through my house to find ingredients NOW!

I agree that it will most likely serve only one. I am home alone today after sending off my last baby to Kindergarten today. I may need to eat a pie to make myself feel young and vibrant again!

Amy Huntington said...

hey! I'm not quite sure where to reply to your comment, since I'm new at this stuff! For sure, I'd love to see your photography blog. Angelika was the model in the shoot I put up online, and she's gorgeous huh? Great boobs and great eyes!! hehe

msjvd said...

Tut, tut, tut!

I wish you wouldn't call the recipes I give you CHEAP.

Bugs my precious little self.

I'll wave at you from the storm! :P