17 August 2008

Grapes

If you want, need, or hanker for some of these. . .


And live close enough to come get them, please do. We are giving them away by the bag and bucket-full. They are organic seedless grapes, and they are only good for eating. My sister and I tried to can grape juice with them last year before we learned that if you use the wrong variety of fruit, cooking makes the grape juice into a nasty bitter concoction only suitable for dumping down the drain and feeling depressed about all the work you did. (I knew you were wondering. I'm here to help.)

PS. As soon as I think of something wonderful to give away, there will be a giveaway here, because I am approaching a significant number of posts and feel like celebrating.

7 comments:

Kasey Stansfield said...

My grandparents and I just dried some grapes into raisins, they are really good! If you try it make sure you pull the stems off completely or else they won't dry as well. And you can always freeze them for a snack later!

Amy said...

We love grapes! We would take some at the class reunion next week!

Hey It's Di said...

I'm glad to know that all grapes cannot become grape juice. I would have never thought!

You may have to start taking grapes around the neighborhood and door ditching with them on the porch:)

mommy princess said...

I'd love some grapes. Are you coming to lunch at the park tomorrow? I'm sure some of the moms (and children) I love the lilac picture in your header. Oh and I seriously love the Gaston post. I know that song by heart.
My all time favorite idiotic line of his is when he tells Belle women shouldn't read because they start getting ideas and thinking. And then she says, Gaston you're positivly prime evil. And then he says, THANK YOU! lol BTW sorry about the unemployment thing. We know how it is. Stan was home all last week without work. It's nerve racking isn't it?

mommy princess said...

Also if you get a second drop Kasey Stansfield a note and send her over to my blog. I can't get on hers. and I'd love to see baby pics.

Claire said...

Those are beautiful, Jen! If I liked grapes I would eat them.

Dansie Family said...

they were great. we have eaten or made raisins out of all them. thanks.