14 August 2008

My, What a Guy. . .

After reading a post over at Seriously So Blessed the other day, I was thinking about just how much I love Gaston, from Beauty and the Beast. Here are some of my favorite lines about the Paragon of Manliness:

No one's neck's as incredibly thick as Gaston's
For there's no man in town half as manly
No one's got a swell cleft in his chin like Gaston
As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating!

In a wrestling match nobody bites like Gaston!
For there's no one as burly and brawny
As you see I've got biceps to spare
Not a bit of him's scraggly or scrawny
That's right!
And ev'ry last inch of me's covered with hair

No one hits like Gaston
Matches wits like Gaston
In a spitting match nobody spits like Gaston
I'm especially good at expectorating!

When I was a lad I ate four dozen eggs
Ev'ry morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge!

No one shoots like Gaston
Makes those beauts like Gaston
Then goes tromping around wearing boots like Gaston
I use antlers in all of my decorating!

My what a guy, Gaston!

*It should be noted that some of these lines also apply to my dear Alex (especially the biceps to spare . . .)

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Rhett also feels that antlers might be appropriate house decorations.

I'm not sold on that one yet.

msjvd said...

About Alex...

"And ev'ry last inch of me's covered with hair"

Can we assume.....?

Jen said...

Absolutely not!

He is burley and brawny and wears boots, though. And of course there is no one in town half as manly.

sammygrace said...

lol, funny, we watched beauty and the beast on sunday-and i actually randomly paid close attention to this song for some reason and man it made me laugh. and now it has brightened my day again- thanks jen:)

Hey It's Di said...

My hubby can spit pretty far and he would like to use antlers in his decorating but I refuse to let him decorate.

I do love Beauty and the Beast and Gaston:)

Brittany said...

I share your love of Gaston.

The Yoder's Three said...

Mark always comes running in to sing along with that song when me and Madelyn are watching Beauty and the Beast. Those Disney people must know what they're doing.

"I use antlers in all of my deeecorating!" (with a dramatic swoosh)is definitely the best line of the song.

Dang, I love that movie.