31 August 2008

Reunion

I have figured out why so many people wouldn't be caught dead at a ten-year reunion. I thought I knew these people. I thought I could trust them. I treasure such fond memories of so many of them from our youth. They are all so nice on the surface. And yet when the time came to assign someone to organize the next reunion, their evil natures were revealed. Whom should they nominate? My husband. And who will be organizing our next reunion? ME!

Okay, okay. Alex is exceptionally supportive, so it will be a team effort with all of those people who kindly volunteered and those other people we will be heavily recruiting. Still, when you go to your next high school reunion, you might want to watch your back.

PS. We are employed. Hooray!!

7 comments:

laceeJ said...

Just to let you know, I was one of the fellow classmates that threw my hand up in the air when Alex's, (your name) was called! :) It should be a compliment..We know it will actually get done with you guys being in charge :)

Queen Elizabeth said...

Yea for the reunion. Bigger Yea FOR EMPLOYMENT!!!

Heidi said...

I was hoping that we could go on Sat. to the lunch, but after the night before and the parade, I had had it. I guess it all caught up with me. So I'm glad that someone, even though it's you guys, are in charge of the next one. I will help you in any way that I can. After getting the first one over with, I know how stressful it was. But it can be done with a lot of help. So count me in for helping, just remind me.
It was good to see you guys Friday.

Heidi said...

Hooray for employment!

That would explain why you should have ran the other way. . . because next reunion will really suck. I mean, you'll do a great job, but it will suck FOR YOU.

www.potsandpins.com said...

Yippee for the job!! That's got to be a huge relief! And, as you've proven, no good deed goes unpunished so THAT'S why you have to "do" the reunion! There is this great "equalizer" in the cosmos...when someone good happens to someone something "humbling" must accompany it...or so it seems! Truly, I'm so happy for you about the job!

Hey It's Di said...

I always manage to duck out when the talk of future reunions starts up.

Oh happy employment day! That is wonderful and you can take a deep sigh of relief:)

Goodrich said...

Jen-
Nothing against you two, I know you will do a great job, but I didn't vote for you- or anyone else for that matter. YOU WILL DO A GREAT JOB!!!!
Sisalee