05 August 2008

Taco Soup

This is our favorite soup. It's a great food storage user. Also, it is easy to make and so delicious.

1 to 2 lbs ground beef

1 package taco or fajita seasoning

1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)

1 can kidney beans (low sodium beans work well in this recipe, also rinsed and drained)

2 cans diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes in puree

1 can or bag of frozen corn (not drained, if using can)

1 can green beans (not drained)

1 dash of red or cayenne pepper

Brown ground beef and add taco or fajita seasoning. Add all other ingredients and simmer until bubbly, 4-5 minutes. Feeds 4 to 6. I like to serve it with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.

6 comments:

Marti said...

Unique. Never seen it to have green beans before. Needs more taco chips.

My opinion, only, of course. ;)

amy said...

i have had this mormon original before, and it is indeed a tasty little devil. i like it the way you do. it is also good without the beef, in case anyone is wondering.

Leisha said...

Delish...however I've had the chinese delivery on speed dial lately. It's too freaking hot to cook! But when it cools down I'm making me some taco soup!

Hey It's Di said...

OH, thanks for reminding me about Taco Soup. I haven't been cooking soups lately with it being Summer, but I'm craving it now. Recipe looks great!

The Rookie said...

One of my favorites; though, I've never seen it with green beans.

Dansie Family said...

yum! it sounds very delish and look very good as well. i may have to wait until fall to make it, though.