10 September 2008

My Almost Prize-winning Quilt


Peach Days and the Zion Piecemakers Quilt Guild Annual Show have now passed, and this challenge quilt now hangs on Grace's wall as a result. The bottom mattress is pinned up for your benefit, since you can't lift it up to see "the pea." The Princess and the Pea is undoubtedly the most poorly executed quilt that was entered into the challenge. (I can say that comfortably because I made it, bunchy sides and all.) However, I have it on good authority that I received the second most votes right behind the fabulous well-deserving Snow White one with the witch, cottage, and apple. This just goes to show that even if you don't have it all together, people might like your spunk in spite of the fact that your colors don't match.

6 comments:

jesse said...

I hereby award you with the award for awardiness, given from the Bramall Award committee. Don't you feel better now?

msjvd said...

I rather like that quilt. Much more interesting than what I have on MY bed. :(

Will you loan it out?

Hey It's Di said...

That is really darling! I would have picked it as the best no doubt!

soyandrue said...

I think it's darling! Such a cute idea -- I love "interactive" quilts! (And I think the colors match just fine -- which means I'm either color blind and didn't know it, or your colors simply add to the fairy tale-esque nature of the design. Whoa-- that's pretty deep for a paranthesed comment).

Quilt on, my friend!

mommy princess said...

I thought your quilt was just beautiful! A real masterpiece!
Keep it up I can't wait to see what you do next year.

Dansie Family said...

i love it!! you are my quilting hero, again!