07 September 2008

Spandex

In addition to writing letters to congressmen and trying to foster discussion on the internet about helping polygamists in trouble, we are also considering another solution: fighting crime at night in spandex. My sister-in-law Susan Vilate and her crew stopped by to bring some of the dreaded peaches late at night a couple of weeks ago, and this is how she and her cohorts were attired.

So you can see that super heroism runs in our family. Claire is the flamboyant version of Catwoman; Grace has her mad-eye; Henry has X-Ray Defecation Power (pooping through non-porous surfaces and large numbers of layers); and I would disclose Alex's superpowers as Captain Monogamist, but then he might become a target (not that it would matter. . .bwa ha ha ha). I don't have superpowers. I just look beautiful so I can be kidnapped as an arch-villain's power play. What are your superpowers? (Or are you just the beautiful beloved, like me?)

6 comments:

sammygrace said...

my super power is...a secret. and if i told you i'd have to....lock you in the very same closet that matilda experienced. ya, that's one step closer to my secret, me and my evil sister mrs trunchbull are working together, and now that i've told you watch out!!! :) i just kid...:)

Hey It's Di said...

My super power happens to come out when I put on my spandex too....and my leg warmers...and my headband. I turn into Super Solid Gold dancer. That's right! I can jazz hand you into a trance. That way the villians are helpless as they watch in awwww(or horror!) I may just throw in the secret weapon jump splits if I have too:)

Jen said...

Hey, thanks for entering my contest! You must have whipped out that baby in a flash. Loved the limerick.

Apparently my super power has something to do with lame rhyme schemes...

msjvd said...

Wow, leave town for a few days and come home to entirely new, different, utterly unfamiliar looking blog? Huh?

My superpowers are obviously in observation. :)

angela michelle said...

ha ha. Love kids in costumes. My 5yo recently said that my 2yo is a superhero because his onesie is like a super suit and his super power is smearing peanut butter on bad guys.

Dansie Family said...

i think my super power has something to do with being able to completely ignore fighting, crying, whining, asking politely, and really stinky bums when i want (and even sometimes when i don't mean to). I guess i need to work on perfecting that power.