05 November 2008

Remember that Electric Car?

*This is a dramatization. It is not our actual motor.

We basically melted the motor of our electric Geo Tracker a few weeks ago, so if anyone knows where indoor forklifts go when they die, Alex would like to speak with you. Don't worry. Our wills are not broken. We were driving through Laverkin, so it almost serves us right. (I'm joking! If someone from Laverkin ran for President and agreed with me on energy policy I would totally vote for him or her.) We will still prevail over the evil oil empire again soon.

PS. While I don't agree with Obama politically, I am glad he won. I attended a lecture recently where everyone over thirty was totally shocked that he even got the nomination because they thought our nation was not ready for that. But I truly think he got in because people agreed with his ranting about "Change, Hope," and all that jazz, not because he was the black candidate.

PPS. This quote applies to me today: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

11 comments:

amy said...

i lvoe your electric car and am deeply saddened to hear of its ailment; glad you are undaunted.

i felt the same way about obama. my own grandmother referred to him as "the oreo" exclusively, so it's nice to know she was real pissed off today. haha, granny. this one's for you.

my entire life could be summed up in that quote; mark twain isn;t it? he and i share a birthday.

the end.

Kasey said...

Lol, that is so funny, I was just thinking about your electric car today and how it was running! (I passed one that looked a lot like yours) Sorry to hear about its passing :)

angela michelle said...

bummer! i do have a crazy brother who just rebuilt his geo metro from scratch:
http://bought-the-farm.blogspot.com/2008/11/metrification.html

laceeJ said...

too bad about the melt down :(. Seriously, or kidding about Obama? I think people are gonna vote for whatever the media presents them (they present the liberal candidates like they are gods). People are easily persuaded without even knowing who is gonna be spending their mula.

Jen said...

I am seriously glad about Obama's election. I totally don't agree with his tax policy and think it will make the economic crisis worse, but I really like his anti-lobbyist rhetoric. And I'm glad such a heated debate seems to have got a record number of voters out to exercise their privilege.

Holly said...

That's really sad about your electric car! I love your method of beating the "evil oil empire." Way to go. Hopefully it will be up and running again soon. By the way, I totally love your blog and read it faithfully. I worked with Emily in SLC, who told me about her sister who is a fantastic wordsmith. You really are a great writer!!! :0)

The Rookie said...

Two Geo's, dead and gone in a week. What is this world coming to? So sorry for your loss.

SpecialK said...

So sorry to hear about the electric car. It still was an awesome accomplishment to have it running in the first place. I have to tell you that I love the quote at the end of the post.

Queen Elizabeth said...

I am interested in posting a very similar post re. Prop 8 that you did a couple of weeks ago... I am asking for your permission to quote you and link you. Let me know... lizmacd {at} gmail {dot} com.

Nick and Heidi said...

You guys did such a good job with it, I'm to hear of it's death.

Dansie Family said...

sad.