12 December 2008

Crises

(This picture was an email forward that I edited to my prudish Mormon standards.)
Here is a list of crises that I am currently experiencing:

1. The nation's political and economic situation. I know, let's solve a problem caused by overspending and poor budget practices by overspending and using poor budgeting practices. We own the money presses, so it's okay. Pay no attention to the lobbyists behind the curtain.

2. My blog's identity. I cannot settle on a December header to save my life. Maybe I should add that to my Christmas list, along with children sleeping through the night, and and endless supply of chocolate coupled with magically shrinking thighs. If you can think of a caption for the current header that I like better I will send or bring you chocolate or granola.

3. What pan to buy myself for Christmas. That dratted Pioneer Woman has made me covet a Le Creuset very desperately. A heavy duty pan is the best for making candies, so I always want one during that one week per annum in which I throw together a few things for the neighbors. $300.00 is just a little much for me to spring lightly for a pan. So if you know of a magical fabulous pan that can do the same for about a tenth of the cost, do tell.

4. Grace has learned how to peel crayons.

5. Henry has decided that he is a growth on my hip, and he no longer feels any sort of contentment in any activity but resting on my hip as I go about my housewifely duties. He finds some solace in this little flashlight piggy's oinking, but the battery is running out, so another crisis may occur soon.

Please send help. (Or at least some Bon Bons.)

10 comments:

angela michelle said...

well I like the header--caption or no.

Amy Huntington said...

You could put a family picture up there! Maybe photoshop it vintage-style? Or take a picture of your favorite weed, I'm doing that today. :)

Anonymous said...

"When Santa comes down the chimney, HE'LL carry me on his hip! And bring Piggy a new battery!"

Dansie Family said...

ikea has pretty good prices on enameled cast iron and look for them at tjmaxx and ross.

myimaginaryblog said...

I like your header a lot. :)

My mom found great sets of "tri-ply" pots at Sam's Club a few years ago and she and my sisters and I each got a set, and they are great (although one of my sister also just got a Le Creuset dutch oven for her birthday, so I guess the tri-ply can't do it all.) Unfortunately the really good tri-ply seems to have disappeared from stores, maybe because people didn't know the difference from cheaper ones by looking at 'em. (I don't know the difference, either; my mom and sis researched it and I took their words for it.)

Dansie family's suggestion of looking at TJ Maxx and Ross is a good idea, I think.

Jesse said...

I think your header should say "What's holding the next present? I hope it's a box!" but that's the best I can come up with for a header with that picture. I had a shirt that I know you liked that said "It ain't over til the fat man brings!" I think you could work well with that...

Jen said...

My current favorite thought for the header is Bah Humbug.

Jen said...

BTW, thanks for the pan thoughts, everyone. My current debate is between the TJ Maxx ones and Lodge.

Heidi said...

But that growth on your hip is SO cute.

And you are way beyond the kind of crises that occur around here if your header is preying on your peace of mind.

Hey It's Di said...

I love your blog header! So darling!! I would be so happy to have a cute Henry growth on my hip. Instead it's just a large fat growth.