04 December 2008

Howdy Pardner


I fell instantly in love with this cowboy fabric. The owner of this quilt is due the day after Christmas. However, if his mother is lucky, she can wrap him in it before then.

This is one of my few attempts at machine quilting, and from it I learned that a Very Good Sewing Machine without a walking foot is better than the Walmart Special Sewing Machine with a walking foot.

Also, if a machine is giving a lot of trouble, sometimes the culprit is a dull needle. Or not enough fudge-eating breaks from sewing.

8 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Wow...I think I better move to Hurricane before my next child is due! That is adorable!

Lori said...

Nice Job. It looks good. I'll have to talk to you before I try to machine quilt some of my projects.

msjvd said...

I want one: a cowboy, a baby boy, a quilt. Which can I rent and which do I gotta buy and take home forever?

Nick and Heidi said...

That is a cute quilt. You do such a good job on all of your quilting projects. :)

Dansie Family said...

cute as always, but we need a close-up of the quilting. hey i was thinking of going to mcdonalds at noon to let th kiddos play. want to come?

Jen said...

The machine quilting was just diagonal stripes along the line of the fabric, so I didn't shoot a closeup because it was bore-ing.

The Rookie said...

So cute. And yes, a new baby at Christmas is the best present I can think of.

And, you should be proud, tomorrow I am making my first quilt (well, starting it anyway). It is going to be a "Turning Twenty" and I'm purchasing the fabric tomorrow. And I am as terrified as one might expect.

www.potsandpins.com said...

So SEW cute! That's one lucky little cowboy...and just so you know, I never go to the liquor store by my house! I once went there to purchase rum for a cake, walked out the door and right into the stake patriarch and his wife, who did more than raise an eyebrow! Now I drive 20 minutes away to buy my hootch! For dessert and medicinal purposes only!