18 December 2008

Merry Christmas from Us

In our grande family tradition, I give you the Christmas card picture we will not be sending.
I wrote a letter and sent a few copies, but then I magically lost all of the hard copies and digital copies, so I'll briefly reiterate here:

Our family has survived another year. Alex converted a Geo Tracker to a battery operated electric vehicle which we smugly drove for about six weeks until the motor melted because we pushed it as hard as the naughty salespeople told us we could. Alex is currently disemboweling a very old forklift on our driveway for its motors. We hope this will result in a better motor for our car and an attractive planter in the spring. We just need a few cinder blocks to make sure it doesn't go anywhere, and we'll be set.

Jenny carefully ignored all mentions of forklifts and motors, as well as gave birth to half of the family children this year. When asked how she feels about forklift motors, she responded by plugging her ears, curling up in a ball, and whimpering. We don't know what this means.

Grace fell in love with chocolate and developed a near-Shakespearean vocabulary this year. (She can say Brachiosaurus. Even Shakespeare didn't use that in his works.)

Henry was born and has learned to sit up, eat semi-solid foods, and do differential equations in his head. (Just because he can't speak or write doesn't mean he's not doing them.)

We hope you and yours are as contented and stocked with chocolate as we and ours.

Much love, The C Family.

PS. All the baby boys wore dresses back when this was taken, so Nyeh.

13 comments:

Jessi said...

You write a great Christmas letter. All the fun details without the long-winded bragging.(Next year will you write ours?!)And that picture is so cool. I want to copy you.

Kevin M. said...

Nice rug.

On the floor. What is that? Brachiosaurus?

Saddie and Levi said...

you guys crack me up with your photo-shopping! i wish i had your skills!

amy said...

Photoshop is the great christmas picture revolutionary. The chances of obtaining two camera-oriented smiles on two small children is nil. With Photoshop, it's a guarantee!

If I ever get knocked up, will you get me a pirated copy?

The Rookie said...

And what a lovely dress it is.

Your photoshopping ability is uncanny, I must say.

The Rookie said...

I also must say that I say "I must say" a bit too much. Just noticed this. So sorry.

angela michelle said...

I know it's lame to comment about your own blog, but I think you'll love this crazy family photo (not of my family): http://presseddownandshakentogether.blogspot.com/2008/05/disappearing-mother.html

myimaginaryblog said...

That's a fabulous Christmas letter and photo. Thanks for sharing it on your blog so even those of us not on your list can see it.

Kate said...

Now all you need to do is paint a green screen in your house...;) Happy Christmas!

SpecialK said...

Jenny, you are so witty! I love reading your blog. Be glad you have to put up with the forklift.:) At least Alex is exercising his talents. I love the picture too! You did an excellent job of the photoshopping! The fact that you are all smiling is a nice touch, as everyone has to look so sad in those old pictures. You have a very Merry Christmas!!

Hey It's Di said...

I haven't attempted to get a Christmas card ready nor think about the happenings of the past year. (most of it stunk!)

Love your!! You crack me up!

Cory Reese said...

Salespeople are often very naughty. I have a couch to prove it. Grrr.

Anonymous said...

I love to peek at your blog Jen. I love your recipes and synical sense. I just love you.....