06 March 2009

Butter + Hair = Free and Easy

Grace inadvertently discovered an alternative use for butter. Stinkerbell asked to butter her own toast a few days ago, and I left the 1/3 stick in front of her while I went to take care of Henry. When I came back the butter was gone. Not only was her toast heavily slathered, Stinkerbell herself had achieved a very greasily slathered coiffure.

So we proceeded to the bathroom to comb in the oily conditioner do the ponytails, and every single elastic band I put in her hair all day broke immediately. So if your child gets those tiny elastics stuck in her hair, butter will not help the elastic slide off, but the combination will magically chemically cause the elastic to SNAP! Just one more of the world's problems that I am happy to have solved.

4 comments:

myimaginaryblog said...

Interesting. If we spilled oil or butter on the linoleum floor or counter my Mom used to tell us to clean it up right away or the grease would dissolve/damage the surface, so maybe this is the same phenomenon?

Jen said...

I bet you're right, Zina. Who knew?

Jillybean said...

I've never had to deal with the butter/breaking elastic situation, but one of my kids used to butter himself on a daily basis. He would hide around the corner in the kitchen, pull out the butter and slather it all over himself. He even used a butter knife.

The Yoder's Three said...

Hahahaha!! Glad to know my kid isn't the only one who has discovered additional uses for butter. It will give a TV screen a high sheen when applied liberally.