14 March 2009

Friday the 13



I normally pooh pooh superstitious anything, but when it took Alex and me 3 1/2 hours to watch a two hour movie last night, I started to wonder. We were interrupted by five phone calls, two of which necessitated Alex taking a break to call hordes of young men, which pushed the ending time past bedtime, necessitating another interruption for stories and snack-wasting (it would be too optimistic to call it a feeding).

I'm mostly just proud of myself for not grabbing the phone out of Alex's hand and bursting forth with my angry tirade about not dumping responsibilities on people at the last minute. My inflexibility is a great trial to me. Just ask me.

On another note, we were watching Stardust, which was average. I didn't like the entrails-reading and general macabreness, but I enjoyed the (predictable—oh well) plot and acting.

On anothernother note, the contest will end Monday at noon, because I will be baking bread. So if the current leader chooses bread, I can bring her a loaf. I didn't realize how idiosyncratic my movie-watching habits are.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

If it makes you feel any better, the movie is way better than the book. The book starts out good and stays good, and then it ends quite lamely in my opinion. Hollywood, for once, changed things around for the better.