12 March 2009

Modest Contest (As Opposed to Big, Exciting Contest)

It is time for another little contest just to shake things up. Also, because I am having bloggers block.

Listed below are some movie and book quotes, many of which will have been in the contest before, but I love certain movies a LOT. So I don't care.

Whoever gets the most correct in the comments wins. You can show the post on the comment form by clicking "Show Original Post." We are on the honor system, so you might want to read it without the comments viewable a few times first to make sure you only answer the ones you really know.

The prize is your choice of your favorite candy bar or a quart-size batch of my homemade granola. Or a batch of homemade bread if you live where I can deliver it to you. Your choice.

1. A woman is never equal to a man. She is his superior in every instance.

2. It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

3. Do you need sponging!?

4. You may be certain that men know nothing about their hearts, whether they be six and twenty, or six and eighty.

5. I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.

6. "I love you." "I know."

7. Dumb dog. Why are you following me?

8. Put your fingertips together for more, more, more!

9. It does not matter how small the sins are, provided that their cumulative effect is to edge the man away from the Light and out into the Nothing. Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick. Indeed, the safest road to Hell is the gradual one—the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.

10. "He's too awesome!" "And attractive!" "How can we repay you?" "There is no charge for awesomeness. Or attractiveness."

11. I hate all the orphans in the whole world.

9 comments:

Jillybean said...

Aparently I don't see many movies, or I don't remember anything from them because I have no clue.
Now if you were to ask me if I could recite the entire episode of Blue's Clues - Blue's birthday" I could do that.

Kimi said...

Seriously I need to get out more. I only know #10 Kung Fu Panda. Man I love that movie.
PS I'm totally stealing this for my blog, lol

The Yoder's Three said...

'Kay---
2. Pride and Prejudice
4. Emma
6. The Empire Strikes Back and/or Return of the Jedi
10. Kung Fu Panda
11. Nacho Libre

I'm kind of ashamed I don't know more. You should recommend some of your favorite movies to me.

laceeJ said...

the only one that i knew was the Nacho Libre quote! ;) HE HE

Meridy said...

Hi! I'm Cheryl Reeve's daughter-in-law (married to Nathan). Cheryl told me about your contest. I LOVE quotes. I quote things all the time.

But I only know one more other than what Yoder's Three posted and that is that number 5 is from the Importance of Being Earnest.

Lori said...

I only know 2, and 5, and 4 is on the tip of my tongue.
2. Pride and Prejudice DUH!
4. I think it was another Jane Austin ...
5. The Importance of Being Ernest. Some of the Best male Actors in the world, AND they sing!!! Heaven.

I would be interested in watching the others once I know what they are. I'm surprised Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy did not make it on there.

myimaginaryblog said...

I'd wager #9 is from The Screwtape Letters.

Jen said...

And you would win that wager, Zina. I LOVE The Screwtape Letters.

angela michelle said...

But wait--are you not going to tell us all the answers?