10 March 2009

That Kind of Day

I did not scream, rip my hair out, dip my face in a vat of Nutella, or in any way lose control of my sanity today when the following events occurred:

1. The children poured two full bottles of drinking water on our floor in the front room while I was making macaroni and cheese.

2. My sweet nephew thwubbed Miss Grace in the car door. You know, when you go to shut the door and instead of a click there is a thwub because someone or thing is in the way?

I could list a few more, but I'd just like this post to focus on the positive elements—that my sanity and marbles are still here with me at the end of this day. I feel this is evidence that there are truly miracles in our time.

6 comments:

myimaginaryblog said...

Congratulations on your amazing self-control!

I'm finding that my resolve to not lose my temper is not very strong when I have sleep deprivation and wacky postpartum hormones. :( Still trying and hoping for miracles.

Dansie Family said...

at least the unexpected babysitting at the gym didnt make the list. i would feel bad then.

Jen said...

Zina, I feel quite certain that hormones have something to do with this. It is unfortunate that they can't bottle the helpful ones so we could drink them on the days that unhelpful ones are reigning in terror and dismay. I hope you can get some sleep soon. I know EXACTLY where you are coming from.

The babysitting was no trouble whatsoever. I was grateful to have a reason to get the munchkins out of the house to play.

angela michelle said...

yay good for you! that is a big accomplishment! although, dipping one's face in nutella sounds like a pretty healthy coping strategy :)

The Rookie said...

I am having that kind of week, too. Poor Grace, the thwub is a most unfortunate onomatopoeia when hands, feet, legs, whole people are involved.

My silver lining: I spelled "onomatopoeia" correctly on the first try. Somewhere through the haze of sleep deprivation, stress, and general awfulness my language-oriented mind must still be working.

Amy Huntington said...

I was thwubbed in the car door by Melissa when I was very small. It happened at the Hostess shop! :) Great memories! haha. Hopefully Grace is okay!