06 May 2009

Good Recipe, MAJOR DISASTER.

Here is the Good Recipe:

I have a playgroup every Tuesday, and someone brought these delightful peanut butter and jelly muffins last week. I had some edgy bananas, so this week I tried the recipe as follows and I was immensely pleased with the result.
Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 overripe bananas

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2 Stir together first four ingredients.
3 Add peanut butter, cutting it into the flour mix with a fork, or use your food processor, until mixed and crumbly.
4 Stir together the egg, buttermilk, and bananas.
5 Add to the flour and peanut butter mix, folding it together just until moistened.
6 Place a spoonful of batter into each of 24 greased mini-muffin cups.
7 Bake for 20-30 minutes or until done. It was about 25 for mine.

Here is the MAJOR DISASTER. That water running down the sidewalk represents the remainder of Alex's sanity at the prospect of experiencing this horrifying and dreadful debacle once more. I'll be keeping you posted—when I think he is ready for me to remove the straightjacket.

6 comments:

Dansie Family said...

muffins sound delish. i have lots of bananas getting too ripe in my too hot kitchen. i think i will make them for dinner.

sammygrace said...

hahaha that pic seriously could be like intense art contest winning--it spoke to me. it said jenny needs to put me into the washington county fair.

myimaginaryblog said...

hazel's occupying my right arm but i'm making the effort to type one-handed to say: oh, no! I hope there's some less costly explanation. the new line should last more than 2 years, no?

The Rookie said...

Mmmmm...muffins. Forgive me. You see, whilst my students test, I'm checking blogs and craving a mid-morning ANYTHING.

Saddie and Levi said...

if it makes you feel any better, i've decided that you win some fresh strawberries for being the only one to chance a haiku- and an excellent haiku it was. i think you intimidated everyone else with your skillful phrasing and wit.

now to find where you live ...

angela michelle said...

oh no! is there anything worse than major plumbing issues?