23 May 2009

Reverence is Love

Alex and I sometimes have a hard time with reverence when we are tired. We were recently trying to be reverent for a long time, and I finally said, "Alex, please be reverent. Reverence is love." (As children's song leader, I cannot seem to prevent these little things slipping into everyday conversation. It's awesome. I'm awesome. You might say, I'm awesome and I know it. Clap your hands. clap, clap.)

So then of course Alex, in his reverent spiritual way, had to interpret and expound on my thought.

"So all you need is Reverence? So the summer of '69 was really the summer of Reverence? I think that's really the problem with the previous generation—all of that Free Reverence!"

You see what I have to put up with? Nobody knows how hard it is to be me.

6 comments:

myimaginaryblog said...

That's funny/clever.

While I can't say I know what it's like to be you, this does sound like the kind of thing my siblings put me through. (And me them, to be honest.)

msjvd said...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I reverence you, Jen. :)

Brittany said...

I love it. Reverence, Reverence Me Do.

Cory Reese said...

"I Will Always Reverence You" by Whitney Houston doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

miss marie said...

jenny, enduring husband comments is fun to do, fun to do, to do, to do. being much more clever is fun to do, to do, to do, to do, to do!

The Rookie said...

Reverence really IS love. In the context of primary or any place in which large groups of children/adolescents gather.