12 May 2009

Two Red Herrings, Not for Dinner

This picture came from this excellent post on red herrings in film.

I'd just like to say that I was guilty of a red herring when I photographed the water sinisterly oozing down our sidewalk. It was on the city's side of the meter. There was much rejoicing in our home and hearts when we heard the felicitous news.

I'd also like to say that I think Swine Flu was a red herring to distract the public from all of the excessive spending going down on capitol hill at the moment.

Are you with me in my conspiracy theory?

5 comments:

angela michelle said...

But I think it's only a red herring if you threw it out there on purpose to confuse us.

I learned a new word today that I think you'll love: A mondegreen is when you mishear a lyric, like when my husband wonders why Alphaville asks "are you gonna drop the bombernaut?"

The Rookie said...

I love a good conspiracy theory. Especially this one. Red herring, on the other hand, stink like the dickens. But I've never been a fan of seafood.

miss marie said...

okay, thank you for that conspiracy! i'm always looking for a new one. hilarious, and i'm still going to chuckle about it later. and congratulations to hurricane city. happy sigh of relief!

Kate said...

Amen. Amen. I think 2 people have died in the entire US. More people have probably died in bungee jumping accidents in the same time... you don't hear anything about the bungee jumping crisis now do you?

Jen said...

I'm glad some of you are with me on this. I googled "swine flu is a red herring" and discovered that we are not alone. Bwa ha ha ha ha.