02 June 2009

Cue the Horror Music

A sleeping evil has awakened. Deep within the recesses of my heart I have quelled a terrible fear for many months now. This fear has finally surfaced, and I have stared it down. Potty training, I am ready for a faceoff. There will be two diapered children in this house NO MORE!

Tomorrow, I will be purchasing all manner of nutritious juices and liquids, which I will then allow Grace to drink in excessive quantities. I will also be purchasing jelly beans for use in blatant bribery. Three days of intensive angst later, we will conquer. Or perish.

If you pray, you may want to pray for us now.

10 comments:

miss marie said...

you are so courageous. good luck, my friend. may the potty fates be with you!!!

Simply, Sarah said...

That method worked for us! Good luck, and I hope you survive it all.

Jesse said...

You are so funny. Best wishes!

If the jelly beans don't do the trick... Our Grace wouldn't potty train until her dad took the reins. Just a happy thought to consider.

The Rookie said...

It will be a battle of epic proportions. But, oh, the rewards! Good luck!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Good luck, my friend. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? You can do it!

Gina said...

Ugh. I shudder to remember those days.
But best wishes nonetheless. :) When it works it's wonderful!

John said...

Oh, yes. Even I remember those days. I thought if I lived through potty training I could live through anything! The great thing is, if Grace is ready it will happen.

Jesse said...

Excellent. She'll love the juice and jelly beans. I think the rest of the whole potty training thing's going to give you a hard time.

There. You have been blessed with the observations of your childless brother :)

angela michelle said...

You go girl!

The Farnsworths said...

I will be praying for you, don't worry! I have to say I don't evny you at this moment. I despise potty training....but some how I have two children that use the toilet regularly and only one of them has occasional accidents.

Good luck and stay strong! You can do it!:)