28 July 2009

Cross Pollination

This picture demonstrates my feelings on the volume of tomatoes I have had from my garden this year. I have had those pictured plus several other handfuls of cherry tomatoes and another large one. I'm pretty sure this scant quantity more than doubles the amount of tomatoes I have grown in my entire life.

This picture also demonstrates that my cherry tomatoes are all orange-yellow. I suspect they have been fooling around (cross pollenating?) with the yellow pear cherry tomatoes, and they cannot hide the fun they had.

5 comments:

Marie Loves Ben said...

looks like you need to give your tomatoes the old morality talk again.

The Rookie said...

Promiscuous little buggars!

Saddie said...

After you have "the talk" with your tomatoes, you can come talk with mine that are breeding like rabbits! While you're talking you can pick a pint or two. Please! They're almost as hard to get rid of as puppies.

Jen said...

Saddie, are you just trying to make me jealous? My sister and I were commiserating tonight because she lost all of her plants, re-planted, and those died. And other stuff in her garden is producing lackluster results. I am down to two plants out back from six.

Saddie said...

No, I'm seriously trying to get you to eat my cherry tomatoes. My little boy has been sick for 4 days now and our homebound selves haven't been able to deliver the yummy little fellows so they're getting more and more ripe. Meanwhile, the rest of my garden is, well, crusty dead and entirely unproductive. Definitely not much to brag about, but still very exciting and entirely amazing that anything grew - hurrah for strawberries and cherry tomatoes!