01 July 2009

Traffic

Alex and I like to refer to the maneuver pictured above as a California pass, in which the road narrows and someone who has no business passing you revs up to max capacity and zooms past you. The diagram would be more accurate if there were a semi-truck right in front of car B and the distance between car be and semi is shorter than length of car A.

This diagram would also be more accurate if the top two vehicles were large trucks—or if there were just a truck in front of the white car, construction cones on the right, and the truck would be traveling at speed x, in which x = speed limit - 10 mph.

5 comments:

Tink said...

ha ha ha. Why do we do such things to each other! It only endangers our lives and the lives of others! Some people make crazy drivers!

The Yoder's Three said...

I only realized how truly idiotic Utah drivers are when I moved to Albuquerque. Granted, there they have three lanes going each way plus a turning lane, but the people also pay attention more. Imagine!

Then, within one week of moving back to Utah, I had uncontainable road rage at all the hapless dunces all over the streets. Once a dunce, always a dunce, apparently.

Angie Lewis said...

You've successfully blogged about one of my biggest pet peeves. And it's true...California drivers are HORRIBLE at such things (I see them everyday right now!).

Kyle & Alicia said...

Amen sister. I honk my horn all of the time for those very reasons (I do not like hoking my horn, but to survive the other drivers it's a MUST). How greatful I am to the person who invented them.

Kevin M. said...

And some people think I'm strange for wanting a genuine train horn on my truck. Now you know why.