26 August 2009

Bikes, etc.

I got a new bike today. After Alex re-assembled it (bikes fit in Corolla trunks if you take the tires off—did you know?) I took it for another test ride. It is apparently an automatic, in that it changes gears when it thinks it should rather than when I tell it to. Still, a bike is better than no bike. Now I just have to get a helmet, which will probably cost 50% of the $30 I paid for the bike.

Alex told me to blog today, but I said I had nothing to say. I may never have to say anything on this blog again because I am still floating around on the cloud of happiness that appeared when her gloriousness so kindly bestowed a precious comment on my blog.

In fact, while I was plotting moving into their ward so I could make their children my primary chorister's pets today, Alex said, "Can I back-seat drive in your worshipping? It's time to put on the brakes."

All I have to say is, "NEVER!"

6 comments:

the talbots said...

Where in the world did you get a bike for $30? I am jealous!!! Have fun!!!

Jen said...

My sister Sara, who is a craigslist junkie, found it for me. I got it from a lady in St. George, and after riding it, I'd say it's worth about $25, but it had a kid seat with strap on the back, so I'm not feeling gypped.

Marti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msjvd said...

WWSHD?

What
Would
Shannon
Hale
Do?


WRITE!!!!

Dansie Family said...

love to go for a ride with you.

myimaginaryblog said...

I have an old bike I need to sell on Craigslist. Some time. And then I want to buy one of those fancy retro cruisers.

I just caught up on all your posts I hadn't read and watched the Subway hike video. Wow, that was impressive. I think I'd even like to do something like that, someday, if I had someone to manage all the rope stuff and reassure me that I wouldn't die (and hopefully not send rocks falling towards my head.) I need to find your Hurricane Times post because I'd enjoy reading more details. (I'll have to try to remember to look for it later, though, because right now I need to make lunch for the kids.)