I am angry at the government today because:
1. Taxes. Hey even in non-tax season it's a good thing to be angry about. Grace is at pre-school. Henry was an angel this morning. I have to be angry about something. It's who I am.
2. Taxes. Yep, it's worth two. I wrote a tirade about it, then deleted it. Who wants to read a tirade about tax anger?
3. Our billion page tax code: written in a language that is not intelligible to people who have degrees in English, and dreams of Masters Degrees in English. (Last night, seriously I dreamed I was going back to school! And I wasn't naked. I was becoming a writer.)
4. E. Timor aid. $8,000 a person ought to do more that what it has done. Hello!
5. Cap and Trade + our city-owned utilities + Utah's heavily coal-powered energy infrastructure = Possibly doubled power bill in my future. Swamp cooler is looking sexier by the day. (Alex don't read anything into that. You know there was never anything between me and Swampy.)
There. I feel much better. I hope you do, too. Time to balance the checkbook. Yaaaaaay!