07 September 2009

Peach Days Entries

Above is the first quilt I have ever made to keep. I named it Estrella for lack of more inspiration. It is pictured hanging in the Peach Days quilt show, for those of you who missed it.

Above is my challenge quilt from this year. The theme was Celebrate, and the challenge was to prominently feature that loud colorful fabric that makes the ruffles and yo-yo's. I knew my main reason for celebration this year would be that Grace would be potty trained by the end of the year. So I began the quilt, and by the time it was finished, she was trained.

The show doesn't award winners, but has a people's choice award. I'll find out Thursday if this year's challenge quilt is "almost prize-winning" like last year's. The competition was stiff, so I'm not holding out much hope.

14 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Wow, those are awesome! I love the Estrella one!

Jesse said...

Did you enter the pie, or dare I speak its name?

Jen said...

Yes, but I'm still healing from the emotional scar. I'll post the recipe soon.

Heidi said...

Your talents amaze me! :)

amy said...

I wish we were neighbors. You'd make a great mentor-in-domesticity.

The Yoder's Three said...

Fabulous quilts! I don't think I'll ever produce one worthy enough for Peach Days--the competition is fierce and my techniques are uh, "lacking," shall we say. The idea for the ruffled panties was awesome!

The Yoder's Three said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimi said...

Those quilts are awesome! I LOVE the diaper one. Too cute for reals

angela michelle said...

Love the potty training quilt. That IS cause for celebration.

Thora said...

Hi, I've decided to stop lurking here. I've been reading your blog sporadically for a while, via Mormon Mommy Blogs, but for some reason I never actually introduced myself, and then I felt silly for reading for so long, and never commenting, so then, logically, I never read, NOR commented. So I've decided to actually comment. Which is all a really too long intro for an intro on a comment.

My name's Thora, and I've been to LaVerkin once, which is by Hurricane, and I do know how to say the name right. Which almost makes us like real life friends, right? I like your voice in writing, plus all your domesticity. Hope you don't mind random Ohioans (for now) reading!

Petit Elefant said...

Love the quilt. One of those things I'm not sure I'll conquer in this lifetime....

Dansie Family said...

i love the underwear one. you are so creative and talented and funny and intelligent and . . .

Amy Huntington said...

I wish I could make a quilt worthy of a "do not touch my quilt" sign!!

Really, It's awesome!

...and...

I want to touch your quilt.

The Rookie said...

I'd choose the ever-so-talented you! The diaper was genius.