23 September 2009

Submitted, Up

I submitted this self-portrait today. I sigh in relief. I really liked Pamy's point about the one with Grace, but I decided on this one because it is a self-portrait challenge, and I think with cutie pie girl it would be more of a partial family portrait. And in spite of my crooked nose, I think this one really captures my eccentricity and old-lady-ishness.

We saw Up at the $2 theater on Monday and loved it. I loved how it made me appreciate my life and be happy with it just the way it is. I sometimes fall prey to the idea that "Adventure is out there," rather than enjoying my own adventure, which is right here.

Alex's favorite line (in spite of his canine antipathy): "I hid under your porch because I love you."

13 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

i love that picture.
i love 'up.'
the end.

amy said...

I loved Up. Alex's favorite line was mine, too.

A man of fine taste, confirmed again.

Amy Huntington said...

Now I feel like a tool, but that was really my favorite line as well!! ha.

Dansie Family said...

love it!

Jesse said...

I still haven't seen Up yet, but I plan to soon. I do love the self-portrait, and I think you lead a very exciting life. :) (and no, that last part really seriously wasn't sarcastic, you do quilt guilde and write in a newspaper and take amazing photographs just to name a few) (sometimes I write in parenthesis more than out)

Jillybean said...

Cool photo!

We really wanted to see Up, but haven't been able to yet.

Kimi said...

Good choice! Let us know how it all goes.

pots and pins said...

Adorable! Love the picture - love the chair - love that your Alex carried it out there for you! And I love the word ninny...plan to use it all over today!

Brittany said...

I loved "Up" too. It made me cry when he threw out their chairs.

angela michelle said...

Yay, you picked my fave. I guess I really need to see UP. I love that idea about adventure being right here.

Amy said...

That is the picture I thought you should choose. It seems so Jenny-esque.

msjvd said...

Great choice, Jen!

Although... I still fail to see your "old lady-ish-ness."

Linz said...

That is a great picture!! So cute!