13 October 2009

Burning Questions


* From whence distills Grace's uncanny ability to know that I am trying to collect and send some of her things to the thrift store?


*Why did Obama win the Nobel Peace prize, for which he was nominated two months into his presidency? Follow-up question from an email forward today: If he were to cheer at a football game, would he win the Heisman?


*If I had not caught myself placing it there, how long would it have taken me to find the can-opener in the pot-holder drawer? How many other mean tricks has my subconscious played on me recently?


*When will Henry out-grow his irrational and intensely infuriating toilet water hand swishing fetish?


*How can I get Grace to flush the toilet, wash her hands, and shut the bathroom door without me being the Nag of the Century?


*Who invented the disposable diaper? Is there a shrine where we can worship this wonderful person who granted a great boon to all mothers?


*What is so hard about going to sleep at or before 10:30 p.m.?

9 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

burning question:
why are you so darn brilliant with the worlds questions?
shouldn't you have spread some of this brilliance around?

Queen Elizabeth said...

Amen to the above comment. When my girls were small (and trust me, thinking of doing it for my 4 y.o. son who forgets many of "the steps") but I took a photo of the sink, the flusher, the light, etc, and put it on some paper as "THE POTTY CHECKLIST" or something like that - laminated it and put it somewhere near the bathroom and so I could just say did you do all of the steps? Just a thought.

The Yoder's Four said...

Ba-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!! Henry!! I am seeing why having the bathroom door closed is a must. If you figure out how to get Grace to do all the steps, let me know...

Lately, I am finding myself thinking about those poor pioneer women who gave birth on the trail and how on earth they changed diapers (not to mention washed them) in those terrible, cold conditions. Yet another reason why I was born in this century.

Dansie Family said...

that is where i keep my can opener so i don't have to dig through the other kazillion utensils to find it.

msjvd said...

The reason that Barack Obama won is because the Nobel Committee is run by a group of people who wanted to usurp a bit of his media spotlight and wanted to jump on the bandwagon with all the other little kids.

Don't worry. Most of "Official Washington" thinks it was one of the more bone-headed moves they've ever made. And... they've made a few.

How I know why I don't kiss Henry's hands so much....

Not so fast! said...

1) Grace takes after her father. I've seen the garage.

2) If a tree falls in a forest, will Al Gore take credit for saving the one next to it?

3) Where do missing socks go? And 7.

4) When you learn to fill the tub with water, add a little blue color, put rubber boats in and tell him not to touch them.

5) "Santa is coming!"

6) Marion Donovan. http://www.ask.com/bar?q=who+invented+disposable+diapers%3F&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=3&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diaperjungle.com%2Fhistory-of-diapers.html
(Halfway down the page, dear.)

7) I was just pondering thaaazzzzzzzz...

myimaginaryblog said...

It looks like msjvd's got it all covered, except the last one . . . if you find the response to that one, I'd like to know.

The thing that baffles me is that in my college years I actually did go to bed on time and get up early. At least after my mission I did. At least until I met Dean. Hmmm, there might be an answer to the riddle in there somewhere.

angela michelle said...

These are gems! More than enough to lock you in for next year's Peace Prize.

Jill said...

I voted for Obama, but come on. I feel kind of bad for him, because it is kind of embarassing