09 October 2009

Half Square Triangle Options

We had a half-square triangle exchange at quilt guild last night. The Batik square and the red with white stars were the ones I brought. Last night I had fun making different layouts while Alex deserted me to work.
diagonal

pinwheel

edge chevron


I think I should try the one above with a a zig zag instead of "zig zig."


The chevron above might be my favorite, though I'm also partial to the one below.

This central one would require that I make more blocks.

I like how the straighty layout shows the colors, but I like other layouts better.

I am inclined to make a lot more and scrounge up other quilters in the valley to do another exchange. Anyone? Anyone? What is your favorite?

10 comments:

Jesse said...

My favorites are the partial chevron that's not quite in the middle but almost there and the central one which would require more blocks. Just sayin'

The Rookie said...

I like the last one best. But I don't think you could go wrong with any of the designs.

The Yoder's Four said...

Ooo! The diamond one! You could whip out the extra blocks in no time, I'm sure.

Linz said...

I like the last one the best by a lot! So pretty!

msjvd said...

I liked the second one and the last one. I think they show off the contrast better than building black lines or chevrons into things.

Also, I tend to think of this type of quilting as very time consuming and maximum effort, therefore I like seeing the maximum contrast, playing off each light and dark piece of fabric.

angela michelle said...

i like the chevrons best. I like your eye!

liliblogs said...

Ooh, I like the chevron one that you said might be your favorite!

(I found your blog, just like I promised, and as I find it to be quite appealing, I may be a regular visitor--if that's all right with you!)

Tink said...

Wow! I didn't realize you could do so many things with a half square triangle! I'm currently working on 2 quilts or I would join you, but I think I better focus for now! :-)

myimaginaryblog said...

How fun. I was going to vote for the first one or second-to-last, but the very last one wins for me.

I see I've got some company (in liking the last one) and also some other company (my sister!) (Even if she likes the wrong one.)

Dansie Family said...

i like the 2nd and 3rd ones from the end.