20 October 2009

Letters from a Fan

I recently received an award from Peggy, who posts all sorts of fun homey recipes. Peggy also oversaw the Peach Days contest, which resulted in my own personal peach disaster. Thank you, Peggy (for the award. I don't blame you for the disaster)!

I thought that instead of following the rules I would finish writing fan letters I started awhile back to a few of my favorite bloggers.

Dear Rookie,

Thank you for your ever-thoughtful posts, and for not posting when you don't have something just delicious to say.

Dear Kim,

You are an inspiration in that you make time to write (and write well) when you are my age and have SEVEN children. I admire the sanity that shines through what I know from experience to be the challenges of blending two families.

Dear Melissa,

I think that if my life were not a perfect wasteland devoid of any sense of style, my sense of style would be the same as yours. I just sense it.

Dear Marie,

I love your writing voice and personality. And your real life voice and personality, too.

Dear Elizabeth,

Your blog frequently makes my mouth water. Also, I owe you a debt of gratitude for the discovery of Pi-Yo and my current familiarity of what was once the unknown territory of the gym.

Dear Queen Elizabeth,

Thank you for the thought-provoking articles and book reviews.

Dear Jill,

I am extremely delighted that you have started blogging again. My laughter quota is much closer to being filled. Yay for your commute. Central American Rhapsody left a hole in my heart (that can only be filled by you.)

If I comment regularly at your blog, I am a likely fan of you, too. But I have neglected Suzy for too long during her brother's nap, and she is hitting my arm, making it difficult to type, so I apologize for any oversights.

10 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

Dear Jenny,
the fact that you -- world famous blogger and former member of the ever-intimidating seminary council -- read my blog just... blows my pea-sized mind. and makes me happy. love from your slightly rabid fan,
marie.

Kimi said...

Sanity? Boy do I have the blog world fooled. Mission accomplished.

Seriously though. Thanks, Jenny. :)

Peggy Clyde. said...

There is an award for you on my blog spot. Thanks for being you.

Peggy Clyde. said...

I should have read your post before I commented. Sorry.

amy said...

My world is also profoundly enriched by the re-blogging of Miss Jill. Let's peer pressure her into writing a book. It's not a stretch.

Petit Elefant said...

ha ha. I love that you composed letters. priceless.

Jill said...

Hahaha. it's been too long since our CR days. Pamy, my commute is seriously long enough to write a book during. I could probably finish it in a month.

The Yoder's Four said...

Thanks, Jen! You just made my day. :) And I'm a big fan of your blog, too. Checking it is part of my morning ritual. If you didn't post almost every day, I don't know what I'd do.

The Rookie said...

Ah, thanks, Jen. I am, as always, a big fan of yours.

By the way, thanks for putting such a positive slant on the fact that I don't blog regularly because I'm just too LAZY (or busy) to do so. I'll go with the "I don't write unless it is worthwhile" excuse if you don't let my secret out.

Kate said...

I second the book-deal for Jill. or third it, I suppose.