23 January 2010

Confessions

* I don't really like cupcakes.


* I just gave away several pair of my favorite jeans in a smaller size because I have given up on ever being that size again.


*I failed in my number one goal as quilt guild president: to start our first meeting on time. THERE WAS NO ONE THERE TO OPEN THE BUILDING FOR US. We had to change locations at the last minute. It has taken me over a week to be able to admit this failure on my blog.


* At the nickel auction I bid for a gift package that included bath gel and a pair of cute pink lacey underwear. But I quit bidding pretty early because I was embarrassed that anyone would think that I, conservative and easily flustered mother of two, would ... shower and wear underwear. Yeah, I don't understand my logic either, but there you have it.

* I harbor fear that I will be unable to complete my 5K goal this year, because last time I ran one, it took four years to get ready.

* My niece slept over last night, and she stayed in the room of our oldest daughter, Chatty Cathy. She and Chatty Cathy were having a hard time going to sleep, so Alex made Cathy go sleep in our bed. She cried. So we gave her "a second chance," and they went to sleep. I lamented to Alex that she had to go to bed sad, and he said, "Well, when she cries at the drop of the hat, I figure it's a cheap price to pay to get them to go to sleep." He is so sensible.

*If you need a quilting fix and missed show and tell at guild this month, I have posted the photos at ZPQG.

10 comments:

msjvd said...

How many times have I suggested that you send Chatty Cathy to live with me for a bit?

I volunteer to pay the price. And I'm up for half the night anyway. Send her over.

And buy yourself some lacy pink panties, for heavens' sake! (Of course, how will you ever do that? I don't think you could bear being in the checkout line with them? Oh! Put them under some... women's hygiene products!)

Jessi said...

I don't like cupcakes either.

If I lived in UT or you lived in GA we could run together.

Mention to your hubby that you want pink panties. My DH likes buying stuff like that because "It means that I've got a woman!" :)

Lili said...

Me too to 1 & 2, though really it's the frosting I don't like. I like frosting-less cake, or a nice whipped cream frosting...

Also, I don't like Reeces Peanut Butter cups (I know, gasp!)

The Yoder's Four said...

Confessional posts seem to be popping up everywhere--of course I'm going to have to do one now.

I like waffles but not pancakes. My family thinks I'm mental because they are basically the SAME THING. Psh. Well, I do like cupcakes, but they either have to be white with mini chocolate chips or the chocolate orange kind. Don't come near me with a yellow cake or plastic-y frosting in neon colors.

Jesse said...

Alex is very sensible.

I don't like cupcakes either.

I wish I had several pairs of favorite jeans, even if now they didn't fit. And it also means you're eating well enough :)

You can do anything you put your mind to, and I know no matter what you'll do what's most important in life, even if a 5k doesn't happen (which I don't think I could ever do one, even with four years of training).

I always suspected you for showering and the underwear thing. Other people probably do too. ;)

Tigger said...

I have to confess I would choose a cookie over a cupcake any day, but I do love funfetti cupcakes.

You should buy some pink lacy underwear...surprise your hubby! )I know it is easier said than done).

Sorry you got rid of you favorite pants!

Thanks for always sharing stuff with me! Your the bestest oldest sister ever!

Dansie Family said...

Make the commitment right now. you will run the pioneer day 5k. it is free and tom and I put it on, so i will be offended if you don't do it.

mommy princess said...

Here's a confession: I have about 26 pair of pants in my closet and I can seriously only fit into 4 of them. Not counting the two pair of yoga pants I switch between or the jammy pants that...GASP...I sometimes keep on the entire day! The really sad part of this story is I gave away all my skinny pants long ago. And now my skinny pants are the fat pants of long ago!
Well...I'm off to count my blessings now;)

Dansie Family said...

no t-shirt. it's free. but tom is also putting on a trail race on july 3 through the city and they will have cool shirts. and karrie nielson does one in sept too. she had shiets last year and it is a fundraiser for alzheimers.

Pots and Pins said...

Love that Henry found an excellent hiding place for his cars!! I just opened my book from you and am now going to sit down and read - I have 51 minutes until I have to attend school...you know, I go to Oprah U every day at 4:00...whilst I cook dinner for the mister...it's my one vice - Oprah, not the mister, at least it's the only one I'll admit to! Thanks so very much - I'm SO excited to get into it! xo, Nan