* I don't really like cupcakes.
* I just gave away several pair of my favorite jeans in a smaller size because I have given up on ever being that size again.
*I failed in my number one goal as quilt guild president: to start our first meeting on time. THERE WAS NO ONE THERE TO OPEN THE BUILDING FOR US. We had to change locations at the last minute. It has taken me over a week to be able to admit this failure on my blog.
* At the nickel auction I bid for a gift package that included bath gel and a pair of cute pink lacey underwear. But I quit bidding pretty early because I was embarrassed that anyone would think that I, conservative and easily flustered mother of two, would ... shower and wear underwear. Yeah, I don't understand my logic either, but there you have it.
* I harbor fear that I will be unable to complete my 5K goal this year, because last time I ran one, it took four years to get ready.
* My niece slept over last night, and she stayed in the room of our oldest daughter, Chatty Cathy. She and Chatty Cathy were having a hard time going to sleep, so Alex made Cathy go sleep in our bed. She cried. So we gave her "a second chance," and they went to sleep. I lamented to Alex that she had to go to bed sad, and he said, "Well, when she cries at the drop of the hat, I figure it's a cheap price to pay to get them to go to sleep." He is so sensible.
*If you need a quilting fix and missed show and tell at guild this month, I have posted the photos at ZPQG.