21 January 2010

January Blues?

I must have the January Blues. Today I have taken a paring knife to several rings of hard water in unpleasant places and re-fashioned the shirt below. (Did I tell you I got that shirt and it's cannibalized twin for 99 cents each at Target? Total cost for shirt: $1.98 + tax + some sewing love. If you go see the tutorial about the shirt, tell me whether I should add the extra ruffles or not.)

I think I feel compelled to produce things and clean things so I won't be swallowed whole by the rainy boring blah feeling of January. I'm glad I have resolutions to keep me entertained this month. May your day be filled with happiness, or at least a good book.




(inspired by Tea Rose Home's awesome tutorial. Thanks Sachiko.)

11 comments:

Linz said...

That shirt is so cute!! Great job!

Simply, Sarah said...

Beautiful!

msjvd said...

Well done, YOU!

I think if you had wanted to add a second, third and/or fourth row of ruffles, you perhaps should have copied the style in which she sewed them on, ie with a tiny amount of fabric at the top and the bulk of the ruffle below.

So no, I think it's best to stop at one. You can try another similar shirt and add multiple ruffles next time.

Because your shirt and the other shirt are so cute that there really MUST BE another time. :)

Jesse said...

So cute. I wish I could be crafty.
I love the shirt on the tutorial, but it seems like the shirt with the extra ruffles would always need a cardigan to go with? I like yours as is!

The Rookie said...

You rock! That shirt is simply lovely.

Claire said...

Jenny, have you seen Julie and Julia yet? I just watched it last night and thought of you pretty much the whole time. It's totally a you movie. I loved it. :)
P.S. That shirt is adorable.

Jessi said...

Yes. We have the January blues here. But seeing that cute shirt made me smile. Thanks!

Thora said...

I like the shirt as it is, with just the super-cute new collar. Also, I had fun checking out the blog that you linked to. Someday maybe I'll sew and be crafty like you and Sachiko! I wish I lived in Southern Utah, and then you could show me how to quilt (I know that this post has nothing to do with quilting, I was just thinking about it.)

Heidi said...

Adorable, good job!

angela michelle said...

I am so with you on the January blues. sheesh! Love your new shirt. I have similar plans involving turning old nylons into ruffles and then rosettes. Except I haven't really worn tights or nylons for 20 years and must find people who are willing to give me their...holey socks.

Dansie Family said...

Love it! You are very talented and I love you for it!