04 January 2010

This Morning's Run

Last night before bed: 7:00 is a little early. Let's go for 7:30.

4:30 (a.m., yes there are two 4:30's per day) Now that Grace has awakened me, I have an excuse to postpone my run. Woohoo!

7:00 Hmm, I wonder if there is any other time of day I can squeeze in my two runs per week? There has to be some other time ... fall back asleep.

7:30 The alarm goes off. I grab it and turn it off, so that it's now or never. I cling briefly to it, and get up.

I think I have dressed pretty warmly, until I get about a block from my house and I am still not warm. This means I do in fact have to jog instead of walking the whole way today. Shucks.

Run. Walk. Run. Walk. Walk. Walk.

I imagine a tigress chasing me so I will Run. I imagine the tigress catching me and biting my arm, or better, my leg, so I can no longer run. I am still running, though my imagination is not co-operating on the focus front. The angry tigress is now tame and catches up to me. We walk the rest of the way home side by side.

I exceeded my goal of 20 minutes of exercise by two minutes. Oh, yeah! And I felt like blogging afterward, which I think is a good sign.

11 comments:

Marti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
msjvd said...

Congrats! You are off to a great start! Hurray YOU!!!

Marie Says Yes said...

TWENTY TWO MINUTES OF EXCERCISE??!?! you are my inspiration. keep up the good work, yoda.

Queen Elizabeth said...

You go girl!

Linz said...

Way to go!

Brittany said...

I have to laugh a lot at the tigress beside you! Good job!

angela michelle said...

yay jen! soon you'll be like a gazelle!
I like to use the run-from-peril motivator in the cardio cinema at my gym. if the character is in peril, i run. works especially well for _the fugitive_ and bourne movies,

Dansie Family said...

way to go! when it warms a bit, you can run to the gym, work out, and walk back. it's pretty fun.

Michelle Anne said...

This sounds exactly like what I do haha.

Cory Reese said...

That's awesome - good job! Running teaches good self-control.

Definition of self-control: refraining from crying like a little girl while your brain is yelling that running is the worst hobby ever.

Petit Elefant said...

It is a good sign that you still want to blog after a run! Way to go.